Friday, March 12, 2010

Working full-time


I was able to add a background last night, with the help of my daughter Bethany!
Hopefully this will get easier for me!
Man, am I ever glad it's Friday! Woo hoo! I don't think I ever really UNDERSTOOD what working full-time really meant, until this last year. I have been working FT for 13 months, and I have to say it just STINKS. I miss being home with my girls so much. When I get home, I'm tired and I just don't have the energy to do the things I want to do with them. It's especially hard on McKenna since she goes to bed early. Bethany and I have gotten into a habit of staying up late, talking in bed, watching TV, messing on the computer. I am very aware that this time will come to an end as she gets older and moves on. I can't believe she is almost 17!!!!
I guess I had gotten spoiled, just working part-time for all of those years. During that time, I was aware that it was a blessing, yes. But NOW I have a completely different understanding of that. And OH, I MISS IT!!
But we have so many medical bills to pay, and I have to provide the insurance for our family, and there just aren't many part-time jobs out there right now, and with MY health issues, I can't work up on my feet. So I feel blessed to have the job that I do, sitting at a desk all day, talking to people on the phone.
But TGIF has taken on a totally new meaning for me!! Dear Friday Work Day, go past FAST!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh yeah, you said a mouthful! Going from part-time to full time is a great transition. But I find going from being unemployed to taking part-time jobs is also an uphill battle. Whatever the case I pray for the strength of ten thousand soldiers to get you through the day so you can be with your family when the weekend finally does arrive! I still say you have a beautiful family and hope for the best for all of you!
    Cindy Hernandez

    ReplyDelete