Sunday, March 14, 2010

Have YOU been under the fig tree?

In John, Jesus meets Phillip and Nathanael.  As Jesus is trying to convince Nathanael that He is the Messiah, He mentions that Nathanael had been under the fig tree.  Our interim minister (Craig) told us today that in Jesus' time, being under your fig tree meant you were in a time of prayer or meditation.  SO Jesus was, in essence, telling Nathanael that He knew he (Nathanael) had been talking to God. 

So I was thinking about how often I, personally, get under the fig tree.  Jesus also told Nathanael that he (Nathanael) was a man of integrity. 

So if Jesus were to come upon me, would He say I was a woman of integrity?  Would He say He had seen me under the fig tree? Ouch.

On a lighter note, I was LITERALLY "washed in the blood of the Lamb" today!  This sweet man who serves communion and I had a miscommunication today, and an entire tray of juice and crackers fell on me!  He felt so bad he even came back to apologize.  I had already told him it was as much my fault as his.  I finally had to reach up and pat him to try to set his mind at ease.  Poor guy.  Accidents happen.

One of my favorite members of the praise team (who had left) CAME BACK today!  They did "Revelation Song" and I truly felt like I was filled and surrounded by the Holy Spirit!  It amazes me how God uses music to help us turn our minds from the every day world and focus so totally on Him. 

Bless you!


No comments:

Post a Comment