Monday, March 22, 2010

Life is hard

I remember when I was an obnoxious teenager, we used to say, "Life is hard. . . and then you die!"  But you know what, I think that may be true.  Oh, I don't mean to be melodramatic.  Life is just hard.  Things don't go our way.  We face difficulties and challenges.  God never promises in his Word that life will be easy.  He just says He will never leave us and never forsake (abandon) us. 

When I look at my life "as a whole," I find it hard to find times when I DIDN'T struggle with something.  And now, when I look at my amazing daughters, I have to think that they, too, are already experiencing the "life is hard" thing.  I wonder sometimes, exactly why IS life so hard?  I'm sure that if I were to study my Bible more, I would find a better answer, but for now, I think the answer is just that it is

I was thinking on Sunday, in my hometown church in Keyes, during the communion time, about being in heaven with God.  I had just had a conversation with the minister there (Robert) about the different translations of the Bible, and we had talked about hell.  I believe that Jesus DID experience some time in hell, but not the "down under" kind of hell like some denominations believe.  I think He was in hell because He was separated from the Father. 

So I'm sitting there, in the quiet (they don't sing during their communion time, which is actually kind of nice), and I was thinking that we really don't have any idea of what hell is like, because we have not yet gotten to be in the Presence of the Father.  Only THEN will we really understand total happiness and joy and peace and love ~ ~ and too, what hell really is. 

Life without God.

No comments:

Post a Comment