Thursday, March 25, 2010

I have become my parents

Well, that’s just GREAT. I am becoming my parents. I am 44 years old. Not 64, but 44. I’ve started watching the WEATHER on TV. I read the OBITUARIES every day. When I answer the phone at my parent’s house, people think it is Mom. They even say I look like my Mom. And I have often been known to talk to COMPLETE STRANGERS. (Thanks, Dad.)  The last time I went to Keyes, I checked to see how much the WHEAT HAD GROWN.




I take 18 pills every day. I AM PITIFUL. I’ve got more doctors in my phone list than I can count. My days are often planned about what PAIN I have and my level of fatigue. I’m not thinking about retirement but disability. I have THREE autoimmune disorders. THREE I say. THREE. I have a heating pad in bed for my feet. (21st century hot water bottle, I guess!) I have Biofreeze and Arnica Muscle Salve by my bedside.

I can just see my children doing “rock, paper, scissors” for who HAS to take care of me.



“YOU do it.”


“NO. I’m not going to do it. YOU do it.”


“NO, she came here for Thanksgiving. YOU have to take her for Christmas.”



If I start keeping track of my bowel movements, would someone just shoot me?



.

1 comment:

  1. lol...at least you have a sense of humor and not whiney about it!!

    ReplyDelete