Monday, April 5, 2010

Happy Birthday Mom!!!

Today, I am celebrating the birth of my beloved mother, LoRee.  To say that I have been blessed to have her in my life is a supreme understatement.  I am so blessed to have my mother be my best friend.  She is the one I want to talk to every day.  She is the one I want to go to the movies with.  She is the one I want to go to dinner with.  She is the one I want to take trips with.  And I get the blessing of doing these things OFTEN with her! 

Every now and then, I talk to someone who doesn't have a good relationship with their mom, and I feel so sorry for them.  I just can't imagine it.  My Mom had a great relationship with my Grandma Fretia, and I have a great relationship with my daughters.  I guess it's just a family thing ~ this friendship between mother and daughter.  And I count it one of God's GREATEST blessings.

My Mom would not think so, but she is a very smart woman.  She has traveled extensively and she has read more than any person I know.  She knows so much about cultures and different countries.   She has also seen more movies than anyone I know.  Now I don't think I'd ask for her help with "cyphering" though!  She and Jethro aren't so great at that!  But she can be on my team for Trivial Pursuit! 

My Mother is also a great example of what a wife should be.  She is a great companion to my Dad.  She has loved him and supported him and kept his home for almost 52 years. 

She is also a WONDERFUL Nanny to her 5 grandchildren.  The love my girls have for her is something wonderful to see.  I am so very glad that they have her in their lives.  She is always there for them, willing to drop anything to be there for them. 

Now some might say that she has a little, tiny bit of a tendency to be crabby. . . well. . .that could be. . . but I love her more than my luggage!  I wrote a poem for her years ago saying I hoped I lived to be 70 and her 94. . .  but now I'm thinking that won't be long enough!  I hope the Lord blesses me (and my family) with her for even longer than that.

I hope that you have had (or get to have) the pleasure of knowing my Mom.  She will make you laugh, and you will be able to see LOVE coming from her.

And isn't that what life is all about?

I love you, Mom, and thank God for you!

1 comment:

  1. Every time I read something from you or look at those beautiful faces in your family I count myself blessed. I know we don't know eachother but there is something about you that I feel a connection with. We both write what is in our hearts. This tribute to your mother is beautiful. Thank you for sharing...

    ReplyDelete