Monday, January 10, 2011

I eat my Smarties one color at a time




I have been sick over the weekend, so I’ve been watching a lot of TV. (OK. Really, I usually watch a lot of TV anyway.) So I see this show advertised on TCL called “My Strange Addictions.” One lady sleeps with a blow dryer on, in her bed. One girl eats toilet paper. (Clean, thank you Lord.) Another girl pulls out her hair then eats the follicle. Another girl eats dry LAUNDRY DETERGENT.

 I am completed grossed out by most of this and really quite concerned about these people. I mean OBVIOUSLY there is something seriously wrong here. They desperately need to see a counselor.

But this got me to thinking about how we ALL have our little quirks. My husband makes this little “pfsst” sound with his lips when he pauses while praying. He always clears his throat before answering the phone.

 Now I, on the other hand, have MANY of these little quirky things. Some of them are helpful, like the fact that I lay out my make up in a row each morning, making my total make up application time only about 4 minutes. (Not bad for a 45-year old woman!) And I have my Walmart list in an Excel spreadsheet. I almost NEVER have to backtrack!

And then. . . . there are the Smarties. . . . you know. . . . the candies from your childhood. . . .




Well. . . .I have this habit of opening the little crinkly package, spilling out the candy, and then SORTING them by color. Now I know you’re thinking they all taste the same, and to the AVERAGE person, they probably do. But I am a Smarties Connoisseur!!! I can tell the difference between the green (my least favorite) and the purple (my favorite). And so I eat them one color at a time, starting with green and then yellow and then white. . . .


So. . . . what is YOUR little quirky habit? I’d love to hear it.

But whatever it is, as long as you aren’t eating your hair follicle, I think that you’re probably A-Okay!!!

.




2 comments:

  1. You have a fabulous blog! I want to award you the Inspiring Blog Award for all the hard work you do!

    BTW, I am your newest follower.
    I invite you to follow me, but no pressure. I’m not giving you the award just so you will follow me. You really do deserve it!
    Take care and have a nice day :-)

    Go to http://astorybookworld.blogspot.com/p/awards.html and pick up your award.
    ~Deirdra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your kind words! I appreciate it so much! I am trying to write more often!

    ReplyDelete